M.Sc. in Big Data and Telecommunications Engineer passionated about Data Science and Software. Currently working in IBM as a GBS Associate in Cloud and Data Consulting. Passionated about technology and artificial intelligence, with many side projects and hobbies!
Telecom. Engineer & Data Scientist.
- B.Sc.: Telecommunications Engineer
- M.Sc.: Big Data Analytics
- Email: email@example.com
- City: Madrid, Spain
I'm also developing a Data Science Podcast in Spanish!
Feel free to check out Ciencia del Dato.
During the completion of my studies at the university, I have also been teaching myself over a wide range of different technologies and subjects that I found interesting. Through online MOOCs to educational courses on platforms such as Coursera or Udemy, I have adquired some knowledge on other programming languages and data analytics frameworks.
Since the beggining of my university studies, I have tried to make the most out of my educational and early professional carreer. From participating in Challenges, volunteering as an undergraduate researcher assistant, going abroad to the USA to enrich my bachelors degree through an Exchange program, to studying a masters degree and working part time to complement my formation with real-world practice.
Master in Big Data Analytics
2020 - 2021
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
Masters degree focused on Big Data and Data Science. From data engineering formation, to advanced data analytics and Machine Learning / Deep Learning models, as well as Business intelligence and advanced statistics. Wrote my Master thesis titled "Time-Series Forecasting using Transformers".
Exchange Program at UMD - Data Science path
2018 - 2019
University of Maryland, USA
1 year exchange scholarship at the University of Maryland, College Park campus. Continued my studies of my telecommunications engineering degree in the Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) path. Data Science specialization.
Bachelor degree in Telecommunications Engineering
2016 - 2020
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, EPS Leganés
Telecommunications Technologies Engineering degree, taught completely on English. During my last year of college I focused on Deep Learning models, IoT and wrote my Bachelor Thesis Project on Natural Language Processing.
IBM GBS Associate Consultant
June'21 - Now
- Consultant in the IBM Global Business Services (GBS) area. Cloud and Data.
Data Scientist - Data Engineer
Sept'20 - June'21
Universidad Carlos III, Evidence-Based Behavior (eB2), Madrid
- Research & Development Data Scientist
- Working in eb2.tech, an AI Startup in the e-health industry.
R&D 5G Software Developer Trainee
Jan'20 - Jul'20
- Trainee in the HSS-UDM PDU of Ericsson's Research and Development center in Madrid.
- Worked in a fast-paced environment. Agile methodology.
- DevOps, Microservices (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Natural Language Processing.
Machine Learning Research Intern
Jun'19 - Oct'19
IMDEA Networks, Leganés
- Research student in Machine Learning techniques, working in an international research team from more than 10 different countries.
- Research on hyperparameter search methods, Neural Architectural Seach and Grammatical Evolution algorithms. Deep Learning and Data Science toolbox with Keras, Tensorflow, Pandas, PonyGE2, SKlearn...
Undergraduate Researcher Assistant
Nov'18 - Apr'19
Dept. of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences, U. of Maryland, USA
- Student assistant in the research group SENSE
- Data cleaning and analysis of meteorological sensor's outputs.
- Teaching Python and data analysis libraries to other students in the group.
Awards & Honours
Nova Talent Membership
Finalist Atmira Stock Prediction Challenge
Cajamar University Hack Datathon
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Comunidad de Madrid. UC3M
1st Place BeDigital Challenge - Data & Analytics
Engineering Academic Honors
University of Maryland
Feel free to check out some of my personal code projects I have worked on hosted on my Github profile.
- Data Science
I am currently developing a Data Science Podcast in Spanish! My goal is to communicate machine learning concepts for a wide and non-technical audience, so that everyone can learn about this amazing world of Data Science. My podcast is available in most of the platforms: Spotify, Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts.
You can reach me via my personal email as shown. If you wish to speak over phone, feel free to ask for it over mail first.
Madrid, Atocha (28007)
Upon email request